Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Embassy Industries Onex Combination Boiler - OX160C

Options
I Have 1 zone in my home and I'm having heating issues with my bedrooms. The heat works in the Living Room & Den but the pipes are cold in the 3 bedrooms and wont allow heat to pass through. Shower and faucet on the same floor as the bedroom work fine. Any clue at what this could be? This only came to light the last 2 days.

Comments

• neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    2nd floor bedrooms, yes?
    what's the boiler pressure?
    you need enough pressure to keep water upstairs, like 12 - 15 psi,
    if pressure is low, you're likely air locked up there, and need bleeding, or purging, or both,
    pictures at the boiler, and of the upstairs radiation, and we can go from there.
    known to beat dead horses
    kcopp
  • may7day
    may7day Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2021
    Options
    My PSI has been acting up the last few months but it loves reaching 30. PSI never drops below 20. I just bleed all the water from my house and the boiler. reintroduced new water into the home. Same problem.
  • JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,356
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Sounds like your expansion tank is water logged and when you drained the system you possibly air locked the upper floor.

Where you having problems with no heat upstairs before you drained it?
    kcopp
  • may7day
    may7day Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Not that I can remember(heat). I recently changed the expansion tank in my boiler also. How to I fix the air lock in the upstairs?
  • JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,356
    Options
    Depends on how your system is piped. Do you have baseboard, cast iron radiators, heated floors? 
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    remember,
    pictures save us thousands of words
    known to beat dead horses