Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wet Return Clean Out

fxrgrunt
fxrgrunt Member Posts: 157
Put these together today with plans to install on each side of my wet return. I wanted to install the 1st one at the initial part where the copper connects to the black pipe but there isn't enough space available. Next year I may move it to the very beginning of where the two mains drop down and connect at the beginning of the wet return. Thoughts?

Comments

• fxrgrunt
    Hopefully it will allow me to clean out the long line that is against the floor where I am sure most of the sludge settles
  • fxrgrunt
    @JUGHNE @EBEBRATT-Ed any recommendation?
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Weren't you looking at the single valve with the hose bib build into the side of it?
    It would need less length of pipe to install.

Or put it closer to the boiler in the copper line under the cover laying on the floor.
    Does that copper go up into the Hartford Loop connection?
    If so I would put it in that vertical riser.
  • fxrgrunt
    JUGHNE said:
    Weren't you looking at the single valve with the hose bib build into the side of it? It would need less length of pipe to install. Or put it closer to the boiler in the copper line under the cover laying on the floor. Does that copper go up into the Hartford Loop connection? If so I would put it in that vertical riser.
    I was going to buy those but then I was thinking they might not provide as much flow to the hose bib being all one unit like that and having the T and then the full port would probably provide better flow. I did not want any restrictions. I would have rather done in one unit though if it made sense. On the first picture I was going to put it after the 45 and remove that cover on the floor. And the copper on the vertical one goes into the hartford loop. That's where I planned to install the second one. On the riser.