Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil McCann GV90

Crissie
Crissie Member Posts: 132
This is a conventional cast iron boiler with a secondary stainless steel heat exchanger to allow for condensing and direct venting through PVC. Has anyone had experience with this, any feedback? Do you know if we would need to worry about boiler protection or supply water temp? Thx!!

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Not familier with the boiler but the manual say the water temp sensor and controls included with the boiler will provide boiler return temp protection....it's already built in.

You can download the manuals on Supply House .Com
    Crissie
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    I service a few of them.
    That boiler has both an internal system circulator and an internal bypass circulator that mixes hot supply water with the return water when RWT drops to 140° to prevent condensing in the cast iron section. 
    I would pipe it (if more than one zone) primary/secondary as shown in the installation manual. 
    I've not had too many issues with them. The internal circulators are both Taco 007 unless newer revisions have different. 
    Crissie
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    I love them, I also really liked the first versions without the heat exchanger on the outside.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    Crissie
  • Crissie
    Crissie Member Posts: 132
    Tom_133 said:

I love them, I also really liked the first versions without the heat exchanger on the outside.

Do we really not need to worry about the water temps, either on the supply or the boiler protection return water temp? Thanks