Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wiring Zone Pumps with Zone Valves

Hey guys! So I have a job coming up that’s got 4 zone pumps as well as zone valves. Since this one is kinda new to me, I’m wondering if I can get some help with wiring as my first thought is to just use a zone switching relay AND a zone controller- but something tells me there’s an easier way. I just don’t see the zone controller having the capability to run the 4 pumps and I don’t see 24v spots on the Zone switching relay 🤷🏻‍♂️

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Does the design have a zone circ and a zone valve on each zone? The cleanest way to control that would be to install a zone valve controller to manage the t-stats and zone valves then install a switching relay for the circs. You could tie the zone valve end switches to the t-stat terminals on the switching relay so the circ will not fire until the valve is fully open.
    Now I must ask why. A properly piped zone circ system with flow checks does not need zone valves. If you are concerned about ghosting on the side with no flow check, you could pipe a heat trap. Zone circs with zone valves add cost, unnecessary complication, and more failure points IMO.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    SuperTech
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Is this 8 zones or are you using the zone valves as flow checks?
    steve