Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

P239-2 transfer pump

Options
Joeyjr
Joeyjr Member Posts: 11
I’m trying to figure out the suction side and discharge side of this pump. Also, is that model number a sid Harvey number?
thanks!

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2021
    Options
    It should be stamped on the body.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    What do you mean by 'trying to figure it out'? Which way it moves water thru it?
    steve
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,523
    Options
    That's a Sid Harvey remanufactured oil transfer pump 1725 rpp, 24 gph.

There should be an arrow on top of the pump to show rotation. the 1/8 in tapping is the oil discharge. There are two inlet connections at the front and back 1/4" NPT....pick one. The return connection is at the bottom 1/4" NPT. Bleed connection has a barbed fitting

I assume there is an internal bypass plug to leave in or out depending on the application.

You sound like you need an oil tech to help out with this
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,834
    Options
    If I remember correctly, The P239 is a fuel transfer system. the -2 refers to a part number of a specific part of the system. That P239-2 reminds me of a Sundstrand (now Suntec) J or H model pump. There were other pumps for different GPM requirements.

Here is an illustration of one possibility. This is a "Clockwise Left" as observed from the shaft end. This means the pump rotation was clockwise and the outlet was on the left. In this orientation the outlet is on the right because we are observing from the cover (not the shaft) side of the pump.

Your pump may be different. The discharge will be 1/8" pipe port opposite the adjusting screw that is covered by the "acorn nut"

Sid Harvey sells a rebuilt replacement pump for your oil transfer system. They also have other parts like the motor and the pressure switch. If there is no Sid Harvey near you, you can purchase online.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics