Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello R40 F5 Pump Pressure with Tiger Loop

Options
mdeconinck
mdeconinck Member Posts: 2
According to the Riello Burner installation guide, the pump pressure for a Buderus G115WS/4 should be 190 psi. The Notes Section states that the specification is based on a single line pump system. For a two pipe system, the pump pressure should be 145 psi or "calculated pump pressure setting due to fuel input variation".

Because the Tiger Loop uses two lines, should I reduce the pump pressure to 145 psi? Thanks for any guidance here.

Comments

• BDR529
    BDR529 Member Posts: 285
    Options
    The WS is an upfired version of the 115, that is where you get the 190 psi.

145psi is standard firing rate. Good chance of nozzle change depending on pump pressure. Specific nozzle not sure I don't have my chart in front of me.

Anyway,nothing to do with tiger loop.

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,289
    Options
    And to supplement @BDR529 's comment: remember that changing the pump pressure will change the firing rate and, to a limited extent, the flame pattern. So... you should do nothing at all unless you have the measuring devices and training to determine the correct nozzle and are able to set the draught etc. correctly.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England