Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

endurance EBP

Options
motorman
motorman Member Posts: 4
i am getting heat in my baseboards when the room temp is above thermostat set point. i replaced the flow check valve on the boiler input side but still same problem. is there an internal problem causing this

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,313
    Options
    The list of possible problems is several pages long. Can you perhaps provide a few more speciics on your system? Primary/secondary? Zone valves or zone pumps? Type of themrostat(s)? Any wiring or relay boards? Domestic hot water off boiler? How controlled? Make and model of boiler? Number of stories in the structure? Number of zones? All heating zones or just one?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    motorman
  • motorman
    Options
    primary heating, no zones series loop baseboards, no relay boards, domestic hot water from boiler, laars endurance EBP modulating combination boiler. single story, emerson thermostat, replaced the flow check valve in input side of boiler.
  • jeffceo
    jeffceo Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2021
    Options
    There is a Honeywell anti condensing zone valve with a silver/galvanized cover inside the unit. This unit has a small plastic ball inside that actuates to stop the flow. I believe these can crack or fall apart and then there would be nothing to stop the flow. You can try manually actuating it. If it makes no difference then I would suspect an issue. Research them online a little. I believe there is a kit where you can replace just the plastic ball/actuator part without replacing the entire unit. Also possible the motor seized. Is domestic hot water working normally?
  • motorman
    Options
    thank you for the reply. hot water is working fine