Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dead Men Tales: The Legacy of Gil Carlson, Hydronics Pioneer

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited May 2021 in THE MAIN WALL

The Legacy of Gil Carlson, Hydronics Pioneer

Gil Carlson first pointed out the importance of a circulator's location in a closed hydronic system. In this episode, Dan Holohan shares how his teacher’s curiosity and brilliant mind changed the way we pipe heating systems.

Listen and subscribe here.

Thank you to our sponsor SupplyHouse.com.
RoohollahIronman

Comments

• retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Great article. There are always 1 or 2 people that do most if not all the "heavy lifting" in a companies early days that never seem to get the credit that they deserve. They doodle on paper, day dream, and stare into space but always come up with the best ideas on innovations to solve problems that improve their industry. Often, you meet these people but do not know just who they are or what they have accomplished. I never met this man or knew who he was but i wish I had.
    SteamCrazy
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,292
    Options
    Dan, This line, "I thought about how what goes into a life, must also come out of that life." really rings a bell for me! You know the bell. It's the one that rings when an angel gets their wings. Thankyou!

Yours, Larry
    AnthonyReikowRich_49
  • Bigb
    Bigb Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Excellent story. I’ve had steam and hot water boiler systems my entire adult life. Your books have been invaluable. It’s great to hear more about Mr Carlson.
    AnthonyReikow
  • SteamCrazy
    SteamCrazy Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Great story Dan.
  • AnthonyReikow
    AnthonyReikow Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Dan,
    I am so glad that you had the opportunity to meet and spend much time with him. I equally am grateful that we have you who can pass this rich legacy and knowledge onto us. Gil has changed our lives for the better via you.

Sincerley Thankful,

Anthony
  • AnthonyReikow
    AnthonyReikow Member Posts: 24
    Options

Dan, This line, "I thought about how what goes into a life, must also come out of that life." really rings a bell for me! You know the bell. It's the one that rings when an angel gets their wings. Thankyou!

Yours, Larry

Clarence Ardvark: It's a Woderful Life

he also said, "Strange, isn't it, each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he? Henry Travers as Clarence the Angel.

That's Gil.

Larry Weingarten
  • Roohollah
    Roohollah Member Posts: 135
    Options
    " April reminds you of late Gill " Dan .

Today, we have been following his valuable lessons after many years . We do appreciate you for engraving his efforts on our minds and while we do our work wait for seconds and see how this industry makes dramatic progress because of people like late Gill . Surely, you bridge the gap and let us know how to appreciate oldtimers .

Thank you for your support and time ,

Stay safe ,

loyal student ,

Roohollah,
  • frankkelly
    frankkelly Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Really great information. How important is it in atwo zone hot water single pipe system to have the circulator on the supply side. Thanks.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    It is always better to have it pumping away, @frankkelly
    Retired and loving it.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    Remembering Gil Carlson on the anniversary of his passing.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    Larry WeingartenEdTheHeaterMan
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    On this day 29 years ago, Gil Carlson passed away. Let's take a moment to remember him and reflect on all of his contributions to hydronics. Thank you, Gil!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    GGrossEdTheHeaterManRich_49AnthonyReikow
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Thanks for all that you taught us. 
    Retired and loving it.
    Rich_49