Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Crab warranty

Jmkdc
Jmkdc Member Posts: 1
How do you call it a warranty when nothing major is covered?  Could it be they don't covered because they know the major parts will go out sooner rather than later. Don't buy challenger if you want support and reliability 

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,572
    Challenger seems like a poor choice of name for a product, especially one that involves fire.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,775
    Jmkdc said:

How do you call it a warranty when nothing major is covered?  Could it be they don't covered because they know the major parts will go out sooner rather than later. Don't buy challenger if you want support and reliability 

• bucksnort
    bucksnort Member Posts: 167
    mattmia2 said:

Challenger seems like a poor choice of name for a product, especially one that involves fire.

Or blows up during operation after launch.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    I don't think Challenger is a bad nickname. In fact its tried and true. I just don't know what this guy is talking about. And what's a crab got to do with it?
    kcoppPC7060
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    I have a bunch of them out there. They work pretty well. What is the issue you are having? Perhaps we can help...
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    There used to be "Challenger" electric panels back in the 80s.......not so hot. Someone bought them out Westinghouse maybe. No they are pretty much gone too
  • bucksnort
    bucksnort Member Posts: 167

There used to be "Challenger" electric panels back in the 80s.......not so hot. Someone bought them out Westinghouse maybe. No they are pretty much gone too

C'mom Man. I had one put in my house in 87'. Still ticking.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    edited April 2021
    I would always test a circuit breaker by smacking it on the heel of my palm. Whether or not that's a good test, I dont know. I would get bruises trying to trip a Challenger breaker. Everyone else, a little tap and it would trip. 
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Im pretty sure he is talking about a Triangle tube Challenger.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,572
    bucksnort said:

C'mom Man. I had one put in my house in 87'. Still ticking.
    May aunt had that problem with a split bus Square D FSP panelboard where the tie between the lighting and main section loosened up.