Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tuttle and Bailey radiator

willy00
willy00 Member Posts: 1
Hi,
My old house has old T&B radiators and one of them is leaking water. My contractor said he has ever seen this type of radiator. If you have any idea about the location I can purchase the same one or anything alternatives which doesn't require piping works, would you mind letting me know?
I am in MA.

Thank you!

Comments

• bburd
    bburd Member Posts: 909
    Please post a picture of this radiator. We need to see it both with and without the cover, if there is one.

Bburd
  • willy00

Thank you for your response. Here it is.
  • willy00

Here is with the cover. I look forward to hearing from your comments.
  • bburd
    edited March 2021
    If your contractor has never seen one of those, he has very little experience in homes built in the early to mid-1950s. They are all over Massachusetts, but that style was not popular in residential construction for very long.

It is rare for those to leak. It may be possible to solder the leak, or take it to an automobile radiator shop for repair.

They are still manufactured, though they are mostly used in commercial construction today. The technical term is “cabinet convector”.

There are several manufacturers. Here is one:

https://www.sterlingheat.com/convectors

Bburd
    willy00
  • willy00
    Oh thank you so much!!! Honestly, I was concerned about paying huge amount of $$ to replace the entire pipes and radiator etc. I will search around if there is anyone who can repair this. I really appreciate your sharing comments.
  • bburd
    That’s what we’re here for. 😃

Bburd
    willy00Erin Holohan Haskell
  • PAC
    PAC Member Posts: 1
    I'm renovating an old farmhouse and have some of several sizes, that appear to be like the one you pictured. Let me know if interested.
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 959
    If the coil is leaking you can have a coil manufacturer make it for you if you cant find an exact replacement. I'm assuming you don't want to disturb the cabinet and do any carpentry. and if you want to get creative you can assemble two rows of baseboard front to back. bullhead tees on supply and return.