Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Williamson temp o matic

ashleynichole656
ashleynichole656 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2021 in Gas Heating
model number 1115-07-4, style 131 then the other metal style 134 serial number 7145344 I cant find any information on it

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,829
    What more do you need to know? Are you throwing it a 50th surprise party? 
    If you need gift ideas, she might like a spill switch or a rollout switch or maybe a manual reset high limit in the blower compartment. All the girls are getting them now. 
    BTW, that belt is awesome. 
    STEVEusaPAEdTheHeaterManRyan1234
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,158
    Its an antique, thats why you can't get any information on it.  I've worked on a few oil fired Williamson furnaces, including the five in one. All of them were in horrible condition and a couple were unsafe to operate.  I would have an experienced professional make sure that its still safe. 

What kind of information are you looking for?
  • ashleynichole656
    I haven't any idea how old it is an when I opened the top where the filter was supposed to be there isn't any an I'm not for sure what size it takes 
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    HVACNUT said:

What more do you need to know? Are you throwing it a 50th surprise party? 

Made me literally laugh out loud as I was thinking nearly the same thing as soon as I saw the "-O-" in the name.

steve
    HVACNUTEdTheHeaterMan
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,844
    From the look of all that dust it hasn't had a filter for a long long time. The squirrel cage assembly and evaporator assembly need to be removed and chemically cleaned, heat exchanger cleaned.................at 50 years old Not worth it!

Start preparing for its replacement.

Start with a Manual "J" heat load / loss calculation too find out what size is actually needed. Do Not replace like size for like size. Next have a Manual :D: duct sizing done too find out what size the ducts can handle.

HVACNUTSTEVEusaPAEdTheHeaterManRyan1234
  • HVACNUT
    Going by looks (design) and the serial number, I guess 1971 manufacturer date.
    Is there a filter track below the blower assembly? Cant see from the pics where the return comes in.
    That's a solid door. Is there combustion air being brought into the closet somewhere? Please?

• ashleynichole656
    Yeah its behind it on the floor , I did finally find the correct filter size next is to have it cleaned 🤣
  • HVACNUT
    Yeah its behind it on the floor , I did finally find the correct filter size next is to have it cleaned 🤣
    If it's the 10x20x1 filter in the pic, then that's a disposable. It needs a new one.
    Listen to the others and start thinking about a new system. Heat and air conditioning. 
    Come back for help deciding when you're ready. There's waaay better air filters, and maybe a humidifier if needed. 
  • ashleynichole656
    It's in a house we just rented unfortunately 
  • pecmsg
    With the age of that unit I strongly advise purchasing a "Low Level" CO detector. Yes the land lord has a detector in your unit but they will not alarm until dangerous CO levels are reached and maintained.

My preference is the Defender Model:
    https://www.defenderdetectors.com/
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,632
    what is the chain for?
  • ashleynichole656
    Not really for sure what the chain went to an I think it's only a smoke detector 
  • HVACNUT
    Ask the landlord of he or she scheduled the spring A/C maintenance yet. Because no A/C means no rent.
  • pecmsg
    UL 2034 approved CO detectors will NOT alarm until 70 PPM has been reached and maintained for 60 - 180 minuets.

The defender will begin showing levels as low as 5 PPM and alert at 15
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,060
    At the other end of the chain is a long stiff wire with a curly in the end to hold your match for lighting the pilot light.
    Especially common in older mobile homes.
    mattmia2
  • ashleynichole656
    The chain has nothing attached to it unfortunately,  an the ac unit is outside but it still runs thru the furnace 
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,830
    Ashley, OMG did you dye your hair?
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • HVACNUT
    The chain has nothing attached to it unfortunately,  an the ac unit is outside but it still runs thru the furnace 
    The A/C condenser is outside. Those 2 pipes running down the front of the furnace (one with the black insulation) are the refrigerant lines. They go to the evaporator coil. 
    I would check it now to make sure it works. Regardless, the landlord should have a contractor do a heat and cool maintenance twice a year. 
    It would also be a good idea to get the number off the fan belt and pick one up as a spare.
    @EdTheHeaterMan, time for your nap.
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • LatoyaDosier2022
    LatoyaDosier2022 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I'm just seeing this post. I know it's old. Is the unit in a house or an apartment building? Is the Williamson Tempomatic unit in a closest? Are parts even available for it anymore? How long does the unit run for when heating? Could the unit be replaced? Is it safely running? All are valid questions to be asking about this Williamson Tempomatic unit. Please respond & message back. Have a great day.
  • vhauk
    vhauk Member Posts: 84
    you just a thought 
    the ac unit is most likely R-22
    looks like your landlord has a lot of work to get done 
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    My boss sold Willies since the 60s until they went under around 1991 when I came along. We had a 1968 Temp O Matic coil furnace with a Williamson heat pump heating our office until the tank started leaking. Then stuck a used electric furnace in place of the oil til we remodeled and added on and got gas.

Used to be the techs spent many calls on Williamsons, gas and oil. Temp O Matic gas & oil, the Oil saver and the Gas saver. Those were tanks. Still a few in our customer base.

Then there's Steve. Went to service an old Oilsaver lowboy. Alarm sensor for smoke right above the burner and a puff came out and sent it out. Alarm company called the fire department and they came flying out. They pried the cover off the alarm panel to silence it. That triggered a police response to join the firefighters. All from a little puff of smoke!