Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Datametrics 100 VT airflow meter

Options
egansen
egansen Member Posts: 31
edited February 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
I picked up this Datametrics 100 VT airflow meter at an auction.  Unfortunately it did not have the instructions with it.  I did a Google search and came up empty handed.  Could someone help me out with a quick guide??  I know it needs a new battery because it won't hold a charge.  It does not appear to work when I hold it over a floor register but I think it may be due to the low battery voltage.  It will read the temp when that is selected.  I do realize that this an old piece of equipment but thought it would be fun to play with if I can get it to work. Thanks!!

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,627
    Options
    Looks pretty simple. Set the scale, hold the button in the ON position, read velocity or temperature on the respective scale.

Now, getting to volume, that's a different question. You'll have to math it up with the reading you just took, the cross section area of the duct or air device, and K factor of the air device. Volume through a duct is similar, but you take many more readings & average them. The internets knows how to do it, search for 'calculate volume through a duct' or something like that.