Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Valve Replacement

Galloway3200
Galloway3200 Member Posts: 1
I am not a plumber, but know a little about DIY. The area inside the green lines was replaced at my moms house today a 1000 miles away. I am not comfortable with the quality I see. Is this something I should be concerned about or it is good as is? There are numerous concerns from the angle of fit, to the excess solder. Trying to decide if I need to have them come out and do it correctly.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,161
    Reminds me dismayingly of the first couple of joints I did... but as has been said, if it doesn't leak...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    What state, will it freeze?
  • Galloway3200
    Galloway3200 Member Posts: 1
    answers in reverse order: Louisiana, can freeze. Does not leak from what I understand. Ball valve replaced a gate valve, but other than that, same configuration. Sending to the boss seems appropriate. the pipe added was too short and the top pipe out of the wall looks to have been forced down to meet the pipe coming up from the ball valve, then loaded with excess solder until it stuck. There must have been excessive heat for the solder to have stuck half way down the pipe. Agree, very sloppy, but it might be functional. Next person to work on it will be stuck with the bad fitting job, if I don't have them fix their own work. Thanks for the feedback.