Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No flame

Dbon
Dbon Member Posts: 1
I have a boiler with a fenwal ignition module. HSI.  It locks out intermittently. I get 24v to valve and no flame. After 3 tries it locks out. Then an hour later it'll try again. Then it'll start working again. I don't know how often it locks out but when it's really cold out I'll notice it more.  As recommended I changed the gas valve but it still happens. Thanks for your help

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    @Dbon
    sounds like a gas valve issue if you truly have 24 volts at the valve and it's not opening,. Check the outlet of the gas valve by putting a low pressure " of water column gage or a manometer on the gas valve outlet port or on the burner manifold see if your getting gas pressure.

Also check and tighten all wiring connections
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,576
    Check the pressure on the inlet as well to make sure there isn't some other issue like a bad service regulator
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,576
    Is this propane or natural gas?
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,727
    Is the Hot Surface Ignitor an aftermarket replacement? I know that there is an American Standard furnace that does not ignite the gas with aftermarket ignitors. Must use OEM ignitor on that model. I wonder if you have a similar issue?

Yours Truly,
    Mr.Ed
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics