Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars boiler

Options
Jrthen323
Jrthen323 Member Posts: 13
edited January 2021 in Gas Heating
Im a home owner i have a laars boiler ebp 110 the issue i have with it 2 day ago it wasent heating up so i reset it to get me Through the night it work for about 3 hours the i try to reset it again got a code L.L then a O.O theres nothing on code book for those code so i went to the braker turn it off then back on it burn my fuse i replase the fuse got nothing then i test the transformer i got my 12v coming in to the unit but unit dont do nothing no display nothing what so ever 

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    How old is your boiler?
    It sounds like you have a short and it has let the smoke out of the boiler.
    I have been down this road with the Endurance (or lack of) before. You replace the electronics, only to realize that the rest of the boiler is shot.
    If the boiler is over 10 years old, I would scrap it. You can almost buy a new boiler for what the electronics will cost you. There are much better options out there...
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Jrthen323
    Jrthen323 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Boiler is 10 years old 
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 833
    Options
    I agree with Zman. You need a new boiler. Get a better one--one that has real "endurance." I worked on a Laars Endurance 110 once and was horrified by the wiring inside. It was 12 years old. The wiring was "crispy" and the contacts looked scary. And it looked like a tangled mess of multicolored spaghetti. I had the "privilege" of telling the owners..."it's done." Since that time, I have learned that the "Laars" name is now under Bradford White. Hopefully, for the better.
    Jrthen323