Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Logamatic 2107 settings

DeanG
DeanG Member Posts: 15
Any buderus experts on here? I’ve talked to a few companies and they don’t know these boilers at all. I need assistance with the settings on my logamatic because it’s not heating my house like it used to. I have a buderus Logano G115 boiler and a Logamatic 2107. I have a 2000 square foot ranch that is split between baseboard heat and radiant heated floors. I just had the boiler tuned up last month and they said it’s running at 87 1/4% efficiency but my baseboards and heated floors are not heating up enough (I live in New England so a lot of cold weather and I understand radiant heated floors take a while to change temperature but my baseboards also don’t seem to get hot enough this year). I can see my taco SR506 relay calling for heat successfully and lighting up so I know the thermostats are working on my 3 zones successfully. I also set my boiler on winter mode and have an outdoor temp sensor connected to the system (day mode is also on during the night so I don’t have any nighttime setback in the winter). There seems to be something I’m missing with the buderus logamatic and I would like to have someone who knows these to give me their two cents! All my rooms go down to low 60s at night which didn’t happen last year. I also have very new windows and insulation etc. thank you

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    edited November 2020
    It may not be in the settings as you're assuming. Unless someone's messed with the 2107, the settings won't change on their own. If they do the control is bad (unlikely).

You may have a bad sensor that's not reading correctly.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    DeanG
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,715
    Did you try Buderus tech support?
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    DeanG
  • DeanG
    Thanks I contacted buderus support too and also noticed my OA temp reads high at 46 degrees Fahrenheit when it’s 36 degrees out now.
  • DeanG
    I also noticed no difference in my house after changing the day or night temps higher on the Logamatic, knowing it would use more energy and expecting more heat in the zones over a period of a couple days. I’m curious if I run the boiler on manual day mode if that will override my outdoor sensor? Thanks for the quick replies. I admit I do not have much experience but want to learn more. I am going to have a professional swap the outdoor sensor next.
  • DeanG
    Buderus tech called me and we went through all of my settings. I ended up setting my program to empty and that seemed to have fixed the problem! Thanks for the replies.
  • BDR529
    BDR529 Member Posts: 281
    Got the 241 Card installed For radient?
  • DeanG
    Yes I have the 241 card and a mixing valve. Every room get warmer than before after adjusting settings with the buderus tech over the phone but I still feel like my radiant heated floor is underpowered. The change on the Logamatic made more of a major difference on the zones that had radiators. Does anyone else use a Logamatic 2107 with radiant heated floors and could give any tips about their settings? I leave all of my thermostats on and don’t have any scheduled programs on the thermostats. 
  • BDR529
    Heating circuit 1 target temp 180, offset 9
    DeanG
  • DeanG
    For my heating circuit 1- I have Ref temp set at 167 and offset at 9. BDR529, are you saying to increase my Ref temp to 180? Thanks 
  • BDR529
    edited December 2020
    Yes Ref temp at 180 and the 9 offset

DeanG
  • DeanG
    edited December 2020
    Thanks again I’ll give that a try. 10 degrees outside tonight so will be a good test. Appreciate all the advice on here. 
  • DeanG
    edited December 2020
    Baseboard heaters are great but the heated floors still aren’t keeping up. I’m going to have a professional check my radiant floors next. Hoping it’s something simple and not insulation: I caulked every crack and insulated every window with heavy curtains plus plastic so I don’t think it’s a heat loss situation and this problem is on my addition which is the newest part of my house. I have had problems where the radiant heated floors were stuck on in a zone then the company installed a circulator with a check valve built in so my suspicion may be a flow control valve stuck closed. Happy New year everyone!!
  • BDR529
    Radient runs on an outside temp reading, not a thermostat. Once outside temp drops below 62 the pump comes on.

A radient pump will run 24-7. Low temp constant circ. max temp 120-ish governed by 3-way mixing valve. Hope it is motorized, you got the 241 card.

Baseboard high temp off and on with thermostat. 180 to get baseboard to work.

Think your gonna have to call the guy.
    DeanG
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    You have a 214 card but you’re not running a BFU room sensor? The BFU is clutch and total cake 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    DeanG
  • DeanG
    edited January 2021
    Guys thank you once again so much for your time and advice. Saved me a lot of money and time in the long run. Plus I have a better understanding now of things. 

Had a professional notice my mixing valve had a small leak when he tried to turn it up to 140, was only getting 120 on that zone. I believe the problem is fixed now and have toasty floors. Maybe it was air in that section and he said there was a little sludge that came out too. 

Definitely getting a BFU room sensor also. Thank you! 
  • DeanG
    To add to this: I really fixed my flow issues when we took the time to blow air through each line because I discovered I have onix tubing. So much clay looking crap came out of it that was almost clogged in many sections. Does anyone have recommendations on how to prevent this from happening again? I have hard water and a well so I do have a high manganese rating in my water which might be a factor. I have 3 stage water filtration but I don’t think it goes to the boiler. If I just flush the system yearly is that the best thing to do? I just discovered so many bad posts about onix. Thanks again for advice on here.