Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett primary control 7505 locks out when using 52082U contractor tool.

Options
MaxMercy
MaxMercy Member Posts: 508
edited October 2020 in Oil Heating
My Beckett primary 7505 locks out and cycles every time the contractor tool is connected and used to view history. This problem is unfortunately a normal issue with these.

I sent an email to Beckett last week asking if there was a problem with the devices or if I was misusing it somehow, and I received a reply this morning. According to Beckett, the problem is a software error in the primary control, not the contractor tool. Their solution is for me to buy another 7505 and hope for the best. To be honest, if I had to pay to replace a new primary control with another that might have the design error, why would I possibly buy another Beckett?

I like to have backup parts, so I think I'll buy the Carlin 70200 and put the Beckett in my parts supply.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited October 2020
    Options
    If there was a thumbs up emoji, I'd give you one.
    But buy Carlin and toss the Genysis.
    If you don't have any heat issues (poor draft, no post purge), I don't see why you would buy a spare, and let it sit on a shelf for 15 years.

Also, why didn't you just add this to your last thread where there was a more detailed discussion about the 2 primary controls?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• mikeapolis
    mikeapolis Member Posts: 46
    Options
  • MaxMercy
    MaxMercy Member Posts: 508
    edited October 2020
    Options

Also, why didn't you just add this to your last thread where there was a more detailed discussion about the 2 primary controls?

The issue with the lockout was a bit off topic compared to the rest of the thread, but I'll add a summary to that thread. This is a specific issue and if anyone was searching for this problem or solution, a separate thread should "hit" better in a search. Mods could delete this if they think it's better. Thanks.