Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Combustion Analyzer Recommendations

Hello, I am due for a new combustion analyzer and I am wondering what most guys are using right now. I currently have the E-Instruments Bluetooth version with the built in printer and it works good but I find it kind of heavy and bulky to lug around. I would appreciate any suggestions for a lightweight unit, preferably something that could connect to a phone or iPad. I really only need to measure CO, O2 and CO2. Draft would be nice but not required as I can use my manometer. Thanks!

Comments

• I've had a Testo and now have a Bacharach. Both are excellent.

Get it along with a printer if you like to leave a log at the jobsite or for your own personal records.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    BoilerToolbox
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    TESTO 320 seems popular
    SuperTechBoilerToolboxkcopp
  • icy78
    icy78 Member Posts: 404
    Stack temp data is critical.
    Testo 320 or Bacharach Insight Plus.
    I've had trouble with both but I use them for long stretches at times. Like an hour continuously.
    I think that plays havoc with the Insight but not sure about that.
    (I get moisture in the pump diaphragm which may be user error)
    mikeapolis BoilerToolbox
  • hvacfreak2
    hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
    I just got a PCA 400 with NO at work. All dressed up and nowhere to go is how I feel with this. The first start up I did does not state an acceptable stack temp . It gives the other numbers , which I was able to meet but I have no idea if that is correct ( even with this 3000 dollar machine ).
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

BoilerToolbox
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,761
    Testo
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
    SuperTechBoilerToolbox
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    The UEI C155 has been pretty good. We have gone through probably 12 testos, couple Bacharachs. The C155 has 3 yr cell warranty if memory serves me. They all have there pit falls and benefits.
    MaxMercyBoilerToolboxLakewood
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,136
    I recently brought a new Testo 300LL.  Its awesome. Its like using an android phone. It can save test results, email them or print them. 5 year warranty.  
    I also have the Testo 320 which has been good to me for years. I've used the Testo 310, it does the job but I don't like the display as much as the 300 and 320.
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbesBoilerToolbox
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Testo is a nice product. Very few if any analyzers are measuring CO2. It is calculated based on O2
    The must have readings are O2, CO and stack temp.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    BoilerToolbox
  • RapidRoy
    RapidRoy Member Posts: 5
    I've been using a Testo 330LL primarily for close to 9 years. Accurate and easy to use provided you don't want to store the results. I also have a Testo 310 as a backup. 
    BoilerToolbox
  • Bill_Kitsch69
    Bill_Kitsch69 Member Posts: 48
    Today TESTO is my analyzer of choice.
    HONEYWELL A7001A was the best analyzer ever made. No sensors to replace, as I recall.

https://www.ebay.com/i/270309546586?chn=ps

BoilerToolbox
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Have been using TPI DC710 for over year, loving it so far!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    BoilerToolbox