Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Recommendations for main venting

Hey Everyone, long time lurker - first time post.

I need help with proper sizing and recommendations for my main vent. 

The boiler is about 15 years old. This is my second year owning the house with this system. So far I have gone thru it and tightened / repaired that packing nuts that needed it and replaced all radiators with ventrite #1s. My last few radiators on the line take forever to heat up but eventually if the system runs long enough they will. I believe my problem lies in the main venting. 

1 pipe system with approx 80 feet of 2 inch pipe for the mains. Attached are a few pictures for reference. 

What should I do for the main venting? And proper size? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,160
    Is that the main vent in your picture? That's cute. And hopelessly inadequate. For that main, I'd like to see at least one Gorton #2. Maybe two, on a nice antler.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    Agree with @Jamie Hall or you could do 1 Barnes and Jones Big Mouth. I have a combination of both on my system.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Your pressuretrol appears to be set too high, and high pressure will interfere with, or destroy any vents in the system.
    Get a good low pressure gauge on the same pigtail, so you know what your pressure is in ounces.—NBC
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    And clean the pigtail under the pressure control.