Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydrotherm KN-6 Boiler

Ninethumbs
Ninethumbs Member Posts: 2
edited October 2020 in THE MAIN WALL
having hard time getting technical assistance for intermittent pilot outages. These boilers have not been service from day one, which are about 6 years old. I have replaced igniters, clean out bottom of boiler and adjusted pilot gas from 2.17" w.c. to 3.0" w.c. Last night it locked out again, put gauge on for pilot gas and restarted boiler. Had pilot gas pressure but pilot did not light. remove igniter and verified gap 1/8". Took several more tries to light. This morning out again. Looking for directions! Do not want to be parts changer.
Any help or directions would be appreciated

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    I am not proficient with that boiler but have worked with folks who are.
    I can tell you that you will need a diagnostic screen for the Honeywell burner controller and a combustion analyzer just to get started.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Ninethumbs
    Ninethumbs Member Posts: 2
    Thx's Zman. I finally jumped in with both feet and with three different manuals I was able to tune this KN-6. Don't know how this boiler worked as long as it did, was so far off on set-up. Don't know how much damage was done to heat exchanger, will have to possible pull burner next year(that's expensive just for gaskets). Have a great day Zman!