Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Individual radiator controls

Hi All
I have radiator dial controls on every radiator in the house, They are installed on each window sill and are very unsightly. I was wondering if there was anything new that has a much smaller profile or that I could put elsewhere. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Bill_17
    Bill_17 Member Posts: 68
    Hi, The thermostatic radiator valves you have are decades old, newer models are more attractive and in some cases the dials can be completely hidden, if desired. It is likely you have either a hot water or 2-pipe steam system and that the valve body, if in good working condition, can be adapted to a newer thermostatic operator without draining the system (if hot water) and no need to replace the valve itself regardless of system type. Feel free to contact our tech support group at 866.DANFOSS (follow the prompts) for available options.
    LionA29
  • PC7060
    PC7060 Member Posts: 1,155
    edited August 2020
    Can you post a photo? I used Honeywell Braumann TRV valve body, these units can be configured with remote control like you described or direct mount on the valve as show in attached pictures.

• PC7060
    Also, the remote mount type control are typically connected via a very thin coiled tubing and can be relocated by rerouting the tubing to a new location.  Be careful when handling to avoid kinking the tubing. 
  • PC7060
    Well, I just saw the attached PDF, feel free to ignore above and follow @Bill_17 advice. 

;)