Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Boiler Solo 175

heatingman
heatingman Member Posts: 5
edited June 2020 in Radiant Heating
Triangle Tube Boiler Solo 175

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,002
    edited June 2020
    Yes, that's a big problem.

If the boiler is less than 10 years old, contact your local distributor and they will arrange for a replacement heat exchanger to be sent to you. I believe they will also give you a heat exchanger credit if you buy a new Triangle Tube boiler.

If it's more than 10 years old, you are out of warranty and will have to replace it on your dime.

Either way, combustion gases can now escape from the heat exchanger. Skull and crossbones

Under no circumstances should this boiler be fired on pain of certain death. No kidding. Disconnect the gas and electricity.

Those bolts have a very low tightening torque; like finger tight plus an additional turn. Any more than that, they will shear the stud as shown.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    ZmanSuperTech
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    I dont see a pix?
    mattmia2
  • Looks like he removed the photos of the broken heat exchanger studs and his text that said this was happening to three boilers.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    kcopp
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2020
    RE broken studs, I run into these a lot. They pop off on there own some times and other times just spin off. The friction welds were poor on these. We have replace 8 or 10 in warranty. I have several that were out of warranty, the bolts were not too tight but the stainless tends to fuse to the nuts and then spin off or just pop from thermal expansion. We go to some jobs and will find the bolts popped off and laying on burner plate. I have a commercial asme boiler welding company i work with who can tig the studs back on, and also they run a bead around the other bolts. Its an approved procedure. Takes them 45 mins and us appx 4 -6 hrs to pull heat x, take to there shop, weld it, return and reinstall. Rest of heat x looks great.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    Would a little neversieze help?