Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Recommendations for replacing 20 year old New Yorker AP-690 Boiler 127 MBH

mikegrady59
mikegrady59 Member Posts: 2
Help, the more time I spend online trying to research the best/longest lasting/best warranty oil boiler to replace my 20 year old New Yorker AP-690, the more confused I become. This site seems to have some of the most helpful feedback and knowledgeable posters that I have found so I would like to ask for recommendations for possible units to replace mine. I currently have tankless hot water which is nice but it can't handle a shower and dishwasher/washing machine. My looking online have me leaning towards Energy Kinetics and Weil-McLain with an external tank for hot water. I am open to all units as I am looking for durability & quality first and efficiency after that. I am in Western Massachusetts and want to take advantage of the 0% fiancing and rebates from MassSaves. Thanks you for your help and be safe in these trying times.
Mike

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Dude....EK. Contact them, get a qualified installer. Live happily ever after.
    steve
    SuperTech
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,168
    Step 1. Find a reliable installer and work with him or her. They will size the boiler properly. They will select a boiler which they are comfortable with. They will install it properly. They will maintain it correctly.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    kcopp
  • Roger
    Roger Member Posts: 329
    Just saw this thread - thank you for your comment, @STEVEusaPA , it put a big smile on my face!

@mikegrady59 , your application is one of the primary reasons why our company was founded in 41 years ago. Our boilers have decades of proven performance, and we are uncompromising with efficiency so they routinely pay for themselves in savings.

Please let us know if you have any questions we can help with!

Happy heating,
    Roger
    President
    Energy Kinetics, Inc.
    mikegrady59
  • mikegrady59
    mikegrady59 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Steve, Jamie & Roger.
    Jamie- I have contacted an installer recommended to me by a trusted builder who has done work on my old Colonial. They are EWS in Monson MA, a small 2nd generation business that has a good reputation. Not the lowest cost but good support and quality technicians. I believe there are a lot of good systems out there that can be installed incorrectly and not work well. The right technical ability and a good unit beats a great unit installed incorrectly. (It has 450 HP and low 0-60 times!....but it can't turn left.)

Roger/Steve- I just got two contractors names from a query to your website. Nice website by the way. They are 25 to 35 miles from me and I think I want to have someone a bit more local. I'll see what the local shop quotes and may reach my tendrils out further if they seem high for what they offer. Your product gets rave reviews and would be among my first pick.

In addition to the new boiler I am going to get a mini-split unit (probably Fujitsu) for a rear addition and the local shop can do both.

Again, thank you for your expertise. I am an internet expert in this area which means I know nothing. At least I'm smart enough to realize just how ignorant I am in this area and appreciate your help.

Mike
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    @mikegrady59

I am in Western Ma as well. Not sure about EWS based on what I know. You should call @GW or @Charlie from wmass
  • Roger
    Roger Member Posts: 329
    You’re welcome, Mike – it sounds like you’re in good hands! Please let me know if we can assist in anyway.
    Best,
    Roger
    President
    Energy Kinetics, Inc.
    Erin Holohan Haskell