Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wiring V8043F To a Taco ZVC404

Options
HeatPav
HeatPav Member Posts: 7
I am in need of help wiring my 4 Honeywell V8043F 1051 valves to a Taco ZVC404-EXP-4 controller. Would I hook this valve up as a 4 wire valve? If so, It looks like I would need to hookup terminals 1 & 2 on controller to TH (middle) & TR (right) and terminals 3 & 4 on controller to the End Switch? I hope I got this right. The zone valve controller has a Main TT and a Priority TT but the boiler only has one TT on it and I was wondering should I be worried if there is a call for both DHW and heat at the same time what would get the priority, if any. I would like to somehow give DHW priority but don't know how it could be, or even needs to be wired. I have attached the boiler and controller pdf files. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,004
    edited April 2020
    Options
    HeatPav said:

I am in need of help wiring my 4 Honeywell V8043F 1051 valves to a Taco ZVC404-EXP-4 controller. Would I hook this valve up as a 4 wire valve? If so, It looks like I would need to hookup terminals 1 & 2 on controller to TH (middle) & TR (right) and terminals 3 & 4 on controller to the End Switch?

Correct.

And only the "Main End Switch XX" goes to the boiler's "Heat Demand TT". Leave the Priority End Switch XX unwired and turn the Priority dip switch on the Taco controller to the "on" position.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    HeatPav
  • HeatPav
    HeatPav Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the fast reply, that is what I was hoping, thanks Alan for your help!. This should make my wiring simpler.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    Also why bother with Th Tr, no need to do that (unless you really want to do that)
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    GW said:

Also why bother with Th Tr, no need to do that (unless you really want to do that)

Is it still April 1st?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    No the Th/TR

not the TH and the TR, you kinda need those
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com