Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water Boiler Install

EzzyT
EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
This job we did last week.
We ripped out this original 1950s American Standard boiler along with the 2 zone mono flow and 1 zone baseboard series loops system.
Install the new HTP ELU Boiler with indirect tank, Caleffi hydro-separator, axiom feeder, axiom compression tank support brackets and Cross Manifold.
We ran home run loops to each of the convectors and baseboards.
Made the house a 4 zone set.
E-Travis Mechanical LLC
Etravismechanical@gmail.com
201-887-8856
Alan (California Radiant) ForbesSolid_Fuel_ManAMservicesSTEVEusaPASuperTechCanuckerfenkel

Comments

• gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    edited March 2020
    I stopped connecting feeder and expansion tank to the bottom of low loss header years ago. Bottom of low loss header is a mud collector, mud will be disturbed during tank or feeder operation and will be thrown back into the system. I see the filter, but it protects boiler only.
    Are you running boiler on glycol?
    NYC DOB requires GFI at the boiler.
    I would install few receptacles for electric tools and gas analyzer on the board for future use.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Looks good, nice job. You could have gone all the way and and ripped out the base board and put steam in LOL :):):):) You were so close!!
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    Really nice work, Ezzy you and the HO should be proud.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    clammy
  • AMservices
    AMservices Member Posts: 610
    That is an impressive setup. I think anyone walking through that basement would have to stop and stare.
    I hope you put your autograph at the bottom.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Shocker. Wasn't expecting Pic 2 when I saw Pic 1. Very nice indeed.
    steve
  • SeanBeans
    SeanBeans Member Posts: 520
    Beautiful
  • EzzyT
    Thank you all for the kind words.
    @gennady we don’t have an the issue with getting mud building up at the bottom of the hydro separator since we do an extensive system power flushing with our flush cart.
    System is not running with glycol, were using the glycol feeder to maintain system pressure and to prevent poor quality of water being re-introducedinto the system if there needs some water make up. We fill all our systems with demineralized water along with system inhibitors.
    A GFI isn’t required in NJ.
    About the spare future receptacles for combustion analyzers one can always unplug the glycol feeder in order to charge it.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
    kcoppAMservices
  • Le John
    Le John Member Posts: 226
    Man that's a nice looking install. I like the special holder for the manual. Can the cross manifold be used in place of zone valves?
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,775
    As usual

A level of workmanship to aspirer too

👍 👍
  • EzzyT
    Thanks @Le John yes it can just like any other manifold acuators. The difference is that a typical manifold acuator takes about 3-5 minutes to open the Cross Manifold opens each valve at a time and will open them all up within a minute.
    Thanks @pecmsg.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
  • Redduc97
    Redduc97 Member Posts: 15
    What is your opinion of the HTP ELU boiler? I’ve been looking at it for my own house but it’s so new there is not a lot of feed back on it.
  • EzzyT
    @Redduc97 overall I like the boiler. I would recommend installing a air vent next to where the relief valve is to be installed make sure you get all the air out of that heat exchanger otherwise the boiler will be in purge mode non stop. Definitely pipe the boiler in primary and secondary schematic. HTP partnered up with Ariston which is an Italian company and they have been making this boiler over there for past 3+ years.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    As always Ezzy and Fred doing some fine work which in these parts is not very common close to rare . I know I see garbage all the time and argue w contractors , plumbers and hvac guys who could care less how it looks or if it works properly . It s a great breath of fresh air to see quality work being done by Ezzy and Fred ,everything on the square and level as excepted no short cuts ,I love it . Saddest part is most home owners would not know unless they where getting these guys in to re do a job done wrong then they realize that they didn’t get what they should of and for a bit more you get the rolls not the Honda . Kudos to Ezzy and Fred top notch guys doing top notch work no if and or buts peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    Another beautiful job!
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,951
    > @logmeres said:
    > Does it work with electric heater? I want to buy the electric smoker with window. However, i have read reviews on some blog.

Definitely works with electric. Go to basement and pour water on the floor. Stand in the puddle in bare feet. Plug in heater and turn on. Take metal knife and slowly cut through electric cable. If you are still having trouble, call tech support
    SuperTech