Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pressure Pal

Options
Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,002
edited February 2020 in Radiant Heating
Has anyone used the Axiom Pressure Pal as a water feed for hydronic systems? It seems like an innovative product and could save a lot of money in jurisdictions like San Francisco that require an expensive RP device backflow preventer along with yearly, expensive backflow certification.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    I love them, the price has even come down a bit since the first one I put in. They are perfect when there is glycol in the system and as you said you dont want a RP device that will need testing.

State of vermont just told us they want NOTHING in the system except water, or you gotta have the RPZ. So I asked if I had a plugged system and need to clean it, then flush, they said would need an RPZ. I got a bit sad. :( I understand what they are trying to do, but common sense has to prevail.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • BillyO
    BillyO Member Posts: 277
    Options
    I have been using them for years as glycol feed pump on snow melt systems. Great product . Parts readily available from supplier. Not too many moving parts to worry about. Replaced pressure switch on 2 units that were in service for 9 years . Otherwise very reliable IMO
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    Used them on commercial settings. Good way to monitor any water use.