Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Securing heat transfer plates

In an above subfloor application where I am trying to lay a vinyl plank floor directly over top of the tubing and plates, what is the best way to secure light guage heat transfer plates to the plywood sleepers without deforming them? Also, how many screws/nails/staples for a 2ft long transfer plate? 6 per?

Have about 800 sq ft give or take to do so I was thinking a pneumatic nailer/stapler.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Are they pre drilled?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • RedMonte85
    RedMonte85 Member Posts: 71
    no they are not
  • hcpatel78
    hcpatel78 Member Posts: 151
    Hi Hot Rod.... I Watched and gather so much information for radiant heating..now i started to install Uponor wirsbro Joist track extruded aluminum plate...came with small size hole only 0.125" dia... can't fit any size of screw ...only #5 screw...i don't have any idea which fastener should i use for those plate for underfloor between joist installation...Any ideas and suggestions will be very helpful....
    Please...
    Thank you....
    Hiren Patel
    Thank you,
    Hiren Patel
  • hot_rod
    I use a screw with a drill point. If you use a typical sheet metal or wood screw it ca push the plate off the wood. You want a tight fit to the wood for conduction transfer

With pre-drilled plates duct screws with well, with a magnetic chuck
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • RedMonte85
    RedMonte85 Member Posts: 71
    How closely are you placing your screws to the tubing?
  • hot_rod
    Mid point between tube and edge. Try and see where you get the best pull down
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • hcpatel78
    hcpatel78 Member Posts: 151
    Thank yo hot rod.
    Thank you,
    Hiren Patel
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Why use Joist Trak above the subfloor? QuickTrak or Climate Panel is designed exactly for your purpose...