Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fellow Canadians!

Options
Hey there my fellow Canadian Steam System owners. I have a quick question!

Where do you guys order your steam vents! Locally I can't find a single store that would sell them, and other than Amazon I can't find a single place to buy any quality steam vents (radiator and mains)

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,833
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'm not Canadian... yet. We'll see what November brings.
    Try www.supplyhouse.com
    Hap_Hazzard
  • dylanbiasutto
    dylanbiasutto Member Posts: 18
    Options
    > @HVACNUT said:
    > I'm not Canadian... yet. We'll see what November brings.
    > Try www.supplyhouse.com

I have messaged them to see if they have A Canadian affiliate but I haven't heard back! They only ship to the states, so load up before you move! Maybe even bring me some Gorton #1's. 👉😎👉 Hahaha
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,833
    Options
    Do I need to hop a wall?
    dylanbiasutto
  • dylanbiasutto
    dylanbiasutto Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Nah, but bring A shovel just in case. Maybe an extra battery for your vehicle depending on where in Canada you're heading!
    HVACNUTSuperTech
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Maybe the store here can help with shipments to Canada?
    Eh Erin?--NBC
  • nibs
    nibs Member Posts: 511
    Options
    Supply House will only ship to US, and will not accept a Canadian Credit card (even a good one)
    We use a US address for delivery, but it only takes us a 10 minute drive to cross the border and pick up the parts.
  • Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722
    Options
    I wish I was close enough to the border to use an American address. They always seem to have everything I need. McMaster Carr makes shipping to Canada difficult too. I've had to order things through my workplace to get them, as they wouldn't let me set up an account. I don't remember the reason now
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options

Maybe the store here can help with shipments to Canada?
    Eh Erin?--NBC

Our store is run through Amazon.

I'll share this post with the SupplyHouse.com team. Thanks for the feedback!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • nibs
    Options
    Have discussed this at length with SupplyHouse, they are adamant that they won't take Canadian business, although they have sold me a couple of items.
    I suspect that they need to protect their suppliers, for example a circ pump that costs under $300 USD may sell in Canada for two or three times that from an authorized dealer.
    CanuckerSuperJ
  • nibs
    Options
    @HVACNUT
    >I'm not Canadian... yet. We'll see what November brings.
    If you cannot stand it comes November, come to British Columbia, by far the best part of Canada eh.
    @Canucker
    My daughter uses a US mail drop that forwards her supplies to her in Canada, it does not appear to be too expensive.
    Canucker
  • SuperJ
    SuperJ Member Posts: 609
    Options
    nibs said:

Have discussed this at length with SupplyHouse, they are adamant that they won't take Canadian business, although they have sold me a couple of items.
    I suspect that they need to protect their suppliers, for example a circ pump that costs under $300 USD may sell in Canada for two or three times that from an authorized dealer.

Agree... This is a major problem in Canada, a well beyond just steam boiler system components.

RANT: Regional distribution agreements are really consumer hostile. We Canadians often first get hosed on the currency and then again crooked markup due to having a single distributor with no competition in Canada. Or sometimes a distributor gets "Canadian rights" but refuses to distribute beyond their immediate local, or adds significant extra costs and delays.

I'm jealous that you can walk into hardware stores in the USA and purchase all kinds of stuff that has tight limited distribution in Canada. I work in the HVAC industry (can get stuff from wholesalers) but am still annoyed at the things I can't buy at a hardware store that I see advertised on Supplyhouse or Big Box store websites in the US. I make DIY recommendations to friends and family, but they can't get the parts. Even something like a Grundfos pump ends up being triple the MSRP if you want to buy one yourself outside of a wholesaler.

Canuckerethicalpauldylanbiasutto