Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wireless Outdoor Reset Sensor

delta T
delta T Member Posts: 884
I have a boiler replacement coming up that is going to necessitate using a modcon, but primarily for space saving reasons. The existing boiler rooms are too small to allow anything else. Since I'm going to have them there, I'd love to use an outdoor reset curve to save them some money, but don't have any practical way to run the wire. Anyone ever find or use a wireless sensor for this? I can't seem to find any wireless solution for this, though it seems like there should be something in this day and age....

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    The only wireless ODR sensor that I know of is for the Beckett Aquasmart. It's a transmitter and receiver added to the Aquasmart but I don't know if its applicable for your situation.
    There's gotta be another company that offers wireless.
    Tekmar maybe?
    delta T
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Can you sneak a wire inside the intake pipe?
    D
  • delta T
    edited February 2020
    @DZoro in this case it is not practical, as the makeup air will be going to the roof. I don't think I will get any kind of accurate reading anywhere. (dark color, no shade, etc.). This is an apratment building with 16 units. Actually its 3 identical buildings with 16 units each. I need 3 sensors total.

@HVACNUT I haven't found any tekmar solution yet, but I'm still looking....
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    I've been aching to find a use for one of these. Sounds like you may have beat me to it!
    delta TDZoroSuperTech
  • delta T
    @ratio YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
    That is exactly what I need. Thank you so much!
  • delta T
    I was almost to the point of trying to make one using an arduino and some wifi setup...this is so much better
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    Let me know how they work out!
    DZorodelta T
  • delta T
    Will do.
  • Gary Jansen_4
    Gary Jansen_4 Member Posts: 77
    Tekmar has a 087 wireless sensor.
    10 year battery life.
    delta T