Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Limit Switch.

MrMagic
MrMagic Member Posts: 15
Trying to find a replacement for Honeywell L4028F 1002 1 G14.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    edited January 2020
    A picture would help and also what kind of equipment is it being used on? It is a series 40 control so it is typically used with 120 volts. It is probably being used as a limit control on a warm air furnace?
  • MrMagic
    Its the limit switch to turn on the fan blower. Fan is running on 120 Volts.
    SuperTech
  • MrMagic
    Pics
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    What's that from the 50's?
    steve
    SuperTech
  • MrMagic
    I think it's from the 70's
  • Tim McElwain
    It looks like a combination fan and limit. Does it have a attachment going into the furnace or is it surface mounted? It does not cross reference to some other Honeywell replacement. If we could get a picture of the backside of it we can get you a replacement.
  • Tim McElwain
    This might do the job of replacement. https://www.supplyhouse.com/www.supplyhouse.com › ... › Fan and Limit Controls
    Honeywell L4064B2236 - Fan and Limit Controller w
    Rating: 4.6 - ‎29 reviews - ‎$86.99 - ‎In stock
    Honeywell L4064B2236 - Fan and Limit Controller w/ 125 F fan on/100 F fan off, 200 F high limit, 8" insertion - For control of high limit and fan motor in all types ...
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    You'll need to know the insertion depth so you need to remove the control to check.

Looks like line volt fan, low volt limit. A compatible Honeywell fan/limit typically has a jumper between the two. If so it needs to be cut, but check the instructions.
  • MrMagic
    I'll see if I can take out the fan limit control once I get home.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    That switch was made in June of 1961. Pull in out and see how long the insertion element is and get one of the same length.
  • ch4man
    ch4man Member Posts: 296
    ive seen those before, the insertions are about 3"
    the 5" version of the one Tim posted if it will fit is about the closest i can think of using
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    > @ch4man said:
    > ive seen those before, the insertions are about 3"
    > the 5" version of the one Tim posted if it will fit is about the closest i can think of using

Insertion depth must be manufacturer spec'd. Residential fan/limit controls go to at least 11 inches.
  • ch4man
    ch4man Member Posts: 296
    edited February 2020
    not in the 60's they didnt. not sure why people tell me what my own eyes have seen is different that what my eyes really saw.
    maybe Mr.magic will post the make,model,serial. but who knows if they're still in business

if they are longer, and we wont know until a picture of those is posted, if approx 7" a camstat will physically fit with the holes lining up