Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NHB055 error code 110

Options
DZoro
DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
I installed a Navien NHB 055, nat gas, 2 zone radiant system for a customer last summer. Have no issues until we have windy days. The boiler throws a E 110 code.
Weird thing is that he is basically surrounded by trees, and other homes.

The boiler is on a outside wall, so the venting is simple. At first it was vented with the standard up and out. 18" away from the intake. Pretty standard exhaust 3 elbows, intake 2 elbows, max 30". This has happend several times only during high winds. Now the exhaust has a tee installed vertically on it, and it continues to happen.
Contacted Navien, not some great support, but did have one good guy once. Had me remove check and clean the damper, (not a easy task). Found the damper to be clean as a wistle, couldn't find anything wrong. Have been there 3 times last year for this.
Just had this last storm go through, and yea doing it again.
The guy cancelled his winter get away because of this last year... I hope he doesn't have to do that again.

Anyone out there seeing things like this?
D

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Was a combustion analysis done?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • DZoro
    Options
    Yes,combustion and gas pressure. Were done at original start up and again each visit. Both are good.
    The error code comes up as vent damper closed. And only occurs in a very windy situation s.
  • DZoro
    Options
    To answer my own question, and I hope maybe this will help others. The board appears to be bad, it's not sending high enough volts to the inducer to overcome pressure from high windy days. It can be a pleasure when you finally get a tech that knows something.
    Too bad it was after 6 - 1hour, one way trips to this customer. It finally appears that one of the "senior" techs from Navien may have found the issue.
    But have to give Navien a bit of credit to seeing how many times I have called on this unit, they bumped me up to a senior tech. Unfortunately I have over 16 hours of just service calls tied up in a brand new boiler.
    Perks of being self employed ;)
    D
  • newinnj
    newinnj Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi all, I myself had a board go bad on a Navien NB-150 modulating boiler. This is due to a DHW priority for the circ pump not working. In NJ Navien has a training center and all of the installers like putting Navien in. At this time no further issues with the boiler. What is everyone's take on this brand boiler for service issues long term? Thanks DZoro for the post.