Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New home owner, baseboard heating questions

Options
Hi,
I just purchased my first house about a month ago and I currently have baseboard heat in the house that is heated
by oil furnace or a wood stove. The two systems are connected but separate units. I had a few questions about the wood stove part of the heating.
When I first moved here the Min/max temp for the dampener to close off to the wood stove was 220f-180f and I was told that was set far to high so it got set to 180f-160f, also I will mention there is only 1 zone that heats 3 rooms bathroom,kitchen and living room.
Is that a good temp to have it set at and I do feel like it takes hours to get the house heated up.
120,000 BTU bolier wood stove, all of its flo valve controls are max temp at 250f. theres1000sq to heat.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Can you post some pics of the boiler, it's near piping and controls? Stand far enough back to encompass everything.

Is the wood boiler inside or outside? Pressurized or unpressurized? If unpressurized, does it connect directly to the system or is it isolated with a heat exchanger?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.