Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant floor sensor

Gta
Gta Member Posts: 138
Hi folks

I’m currently using rehau dual sensing t stats , could I just set them to use floor sensor only?

I find with using the air sensor it keeps turning the boiler on often .... I was hoping that if I set it to only use the floor it would turn on less and save some energy by running for longer periods but less often ,

Thx Sean

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Is the boiler cycling because it has satisfied its operating temp or is it cycling because the t-stat is satisfied?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Gta
    Stat

The house just cools down fast
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    The rate at which a room or home looses heat is more about insulation and air leakage. any gaps under exterior doors, around windows, framing in crawl or basement.

Check into having a blower done test to identify air leakage "infiltration" this could solve loss or heat, and increase comfort and reduce heat bills.

A floor sensor alone in not usually the best control for a home comfort system, it doesn't know or respond to ambient temperature conditions.

The stat may have some adjustment to spread the on/ off differential maybe 1 or 2 degree? If so try adjust that a bit wider.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Gta