Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baseboard in 1 room is cold

dfuller83
dfuller83 Member Posts: 1
I have a hot water baseboard in one room that is cold when the rest of the zone is warm. I can pinpoint in the pipe in the basement where it gets cold. I tried bleeding the baseboard in the room and cold water comes out. Would I need to keep bleeding it? I am hesitant to take that much water out of the system (this is our first home so I'm a bit of a newbie with the boiler etc). This is a second floor room that comes off a T in the basement.

Also, the pressure on the boiler is 24 psi and the water temp is 140 (which seems low to me).

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Can you post a pic(s) of the Tee and the piping. If it's a monoflo system, it can be extremely difficult to bleed the air out sometimes.
    Also: some pics of the boiler including its near piping and pump.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,718
    Has this always been a problem? or is this a new problem?

And like @Ironman said "Pictures lots of Pictures"
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,718
    Followup: once you get water from a bleed port at the top of a radiator or Baseboard. you can stop. bleeding radiators is to get air out. NOT MORE WATER.

Purging radiator loops in the boiler room or basement is different. You are trying to force the air up high in a system to move down a pipe. You need force (Water Pressure) to push air down a pipe.

So PICTURES will help determine what you have (just in case you are using the wrong name for something)
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics