Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vector Hydronic Recessed Floor unit

Options
Jon_blaney
Jon_blaney Member Posts: 316
Anyone have experience with these?

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,834
    Options
    No, but they look similar to the kick space units that you might find under kitchen cabinets. Fan assisted hot water coil. I have had good success with Beacon Morris products. I believe you will be pleased with the product if that is the best choice for the space that needs to be heated.

I have used line voltage thermostats to operate the fan to keep room from overheating. I have also tied them in to branch circuits where old cast iron radiators were removed. Not as effective because the reduced GPM. Most of the time I use a dedicated circulator for the individual loop with as many as 3 units on the loop. As long as you don't have more than 15,000 BTUs on a 1/2" zone or 40,000 BTUs on a 3/4" zone.

Every case is different

The Vector will accumulate a lot more dirt!
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,834
    Options
    Follow up:
    Why do you ask? Are you having problems with one? or are you considering installing one?
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Jon_blaney
    Jon_blaney Member Posts: 316
    Options
    I am considering using them to replace an oversized furnace which has a poorly designed duct system. I want to use an in- floor solution.