Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vector Hydronic Recessed Floor unit

Options
Jon_blaney
Jon_blaney Member Posts: 316
Anyone have experience with these?

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    Options
    No, but they look similar to the kick space units that you might find under kitchen cabinets. Fan assisted hot water coil. I have had good success with Beacon Morris products. I believe you will be pleased with the product if that is the best choice for the space that needs to be heated.

I have used line voltage thermostats to operate the fan to keep room from overheating. I have also tied them in to branch circuits where old cast iron radiators were removed. Not as effective because the reduced GPM. Most of the time I use a dedicated circulator for the individual loop with as many as 3 units on the loop. As long as you don't have more than 15,000 BTUs on a 1/2" zone or 40,000 BTUs on a 3/4" zone.

Every case is different

The Vector will accumulate a lot more dirt!

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    Options
    Follow up:
    Why do you ask? Are you having problems with one? or are you considering installing one?

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• Jon_blaney
    Jon_blaney Member Posts: 316
    Options
    I am considering using them to replace an oversized furnace which has a poorly designed duct system. I want to use an in- floor solution.