Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No LED's after initial test on Carlin 60200-02

Options
Hello everyone- Here's my problem. I hope someone can help.

Oil, steam. I woke up this morning to no heat. No LED's lit on Carlin 60200-2 controller. Turn power of at boiler, and Amber light comes on as normal. Thermostat calls for heat, no action from controller. No new lights come on at all, not locked out.

My question: is the controller failing/ failed or is there some other thing I can check. I had heat yesterday afternoon.

thank-you in advance for any input

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,350
    Options
    You could try jumping the T-T terminals on the Carlin -- or disconnecting the thermostat and shorting the leads together. In case it is a bad thermostat or bad wires.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Would have to do some checking with a meter, to check power and sequence of operation.
    I think you meant to say, "Turn power on at boiler, and Amber light comes on as normal".
    Is there a limit open-low water cut-off, boiler feed?

If just the amber light stays lit after initial power up, something is wrong with the control. There is no situation where just the amber light stays lit.
    https://carlincombustion.com/wp-content/uploads/MN60200G-022415-final-1.pdf

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Nedward
    Nedward Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Steve, yes after turning power off at boiler, I did turn it back on. Amber lit came on, initial test, then went out. After call for heat, no action is happening. Yes there is a low water cut off, water is at proper level.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,843
    Options
    Did did try what Jamie suggested?
  • Nedward
    Options
    HVACNUT- That's out of my comfort zone. If I have to go that route, or if I have to replace controller, I'll call an expert. At this point I'm just trying to trouble shoot. But I do appreciate the suggestion.
  • Alan Welch
    Alan Welch Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Does your thermostat need batteries replaced?
  • Nedward
    Options
    Changed batteries this weekend-Daylight savings.
  • Nedward
    Options
    Wire-nutted red and white wires at thermostat, turned power back on at boiler, and same thing happens. Amber light comes on (first self test) then nothing. No blower, no burner, no red led, no amber led, no red and amber led at same time. nothing.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,350
    Options
    Well, at least it's not the thermostat...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • STEVEusaPA
    Options
    Yes but did you then try jumping t-t on the control to see if the burner fires?
    If the control has power, and t-t is jumped and it doesn’t fire the burner (and the control isn’t off on safety), the control is bad.
    If so, replace with a ProMaxx.

• Nedward
    Options
    I jumped t-t on control and everything worked fine. Went through the TFI and secondary test and fired burner up. Re-wired thermostat to control panel. Everything so far is fine.

I can't thank you guys enough for all your help. And if I can ever put my 1 cent in, not 2 cents because I just don't have the knowledge that you guys do, I will most certainly try to help out sometime.
  • STEVEusaPA
    Options
    More importantly, after it fired, did you remove one wire on F-F to make sure the control locked out like it was supposed to?
    Then jump out F-F and the green light should stay lit, and the control shouldn't fire.

Maybe you just had a loose wire/loose terminal somewhere .