Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Antique Homart 24-30c HELP

Options
I am currently moving into a home that has a very old wood burning furnace. The Homart 24-30c. I cannot find anything on the internet about this furnace. I was hoping I could get any help or suggestions that anybody can give me. I am also looking for a value on this furnace as I will be selling it. Thanks!!

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,677
    Options
    Homart was a Sears brand, like Kenmore.
    I don't know if that was always the case but it seemed to be in the 1950s-1960s.

I'm guessing it's probably worth it's scrap value but don't know for sure.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    redrose_19_niki
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 905
    Options
    If it is not piped to anything or have any duct work attached to it, it may be an old incinerator. They had quite a lot of similar units installed in the basements of the very wealthy people around Pittsburgh, Pa.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Does it have any side clearance to walls?

IIWM and I did not want it left in place, I would feel lucky that someone would remove it from the basement at no charge.
    redrose_19_niki
  • redrose_19_niki
    redrose_19_niki Member Posts: 2
    Options
    There's maybe about half an inch clearance on both sides of the walls I guess that could be a huge fire hazard.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options
    Looks like there might be asbestos sheet around it to shield it from the adjacent framing.