Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Antique Homart 24-30c HELP

I am currently moving into a home that has a very old wood burning furnace. The Homart 24-30c. I cannot find anything on the internet about this furnace. I was hoping I could get any help or suggestions that anybody can give me. I am also looking for a value on this furnace as I will be selling it. Thanks!!

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Member Posts: 10,220
    Homart was a Sears brand, like Kenmore.
    I don't know if that was always the case but it seemed to be in the 1950s-1960s.

I'm guessing it's probably worth it's scrap value but don't know for sure.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • retiredguyretiredguy Member Posts: 97
    If it is not piped to anything or have any duct work attached to it, it may be an old incinerator. They had quite a lot of similar units installed in the basements of the very wealthy people around Pittsburgh, Pa.
  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Member Posts: 6,141
    Does it have any side clearance to walls?

IIWM and I did not want it left in place, I would feel lucky that someone would remove it from the basement at no charge.
  • redrose_19_nikiredrose_19_niki Member Posts: 2
    There's maybe about half an inch clearance on both sides of the walls I guess that could be a huge fire hazard.
  • mattmia2mattmia2 Member Posts: 349
    Looks like there might be asbestos sheet around it to shield it from the adjacent framing.