Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat, sensor and remote with Taco-SR501-4

I have a shed with concrete floor and underfloor heating (pex pipes with fluid). Shed is located some distance from house where the boiler/pump is located. (Getting distance some time today - but on the order of 100ft (30m).
Looking for a sensor to go in a pex pipe that goes under the floor. Looking for a thermostat for the sensor. Also looking for remote for thermostat to override the shed thermostat. We have standard 6 wire thermostat cable already installed in underground conduit from house to shed.
Advice/suggestions welcomed.
Do not want an air based thermostat - has to monitor floor temperature.
Thanks.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    Honeywell Prestige with RedLink WiFi.
  • tparry_venture
    tparry_venture Member Posts: 2
    Thanks HVACNUT.
    I should have mentioned that any wifi should be able to be non internet connected - i.e. -only within the LAN of the house router. That is I do not want to have to be dependent on any web server over the internet - rather use my own server within the house. So maybe that is not possible. I checked the Honeywell integrations and most if not all appear to be based on external internal web servers for the wifi capability.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    Most floor sensors I'm familiar with are thermistors that need to be connected to a control that can convert the resistance to a temperature. There is one that I am familiar with that is a simple on off switch at a set temperature. It is used in construction sites and has a value of 65°F The manufacturer part number is TS-65. Since it is designed as a temporary thermostat I can’t tell you that it will last forever. But it might be an option and The price is right
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Check out Techmar, I don't remember off hand which one, they have quite a few.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    follow up: the ts-65 can be wired directly to the SR501-4 thermostat T T terminals also labeled R W

Also the TS 60 and TS 70 are also available for different temperature values
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics