Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat, sensor and remote with Taco-SR501-4

Options
I have a shed with concrete floor and underfloor heating (pex pipes with fluid). Shed is located some distance from house where the boiler/pump is located. (Getting distance some time today - but on the order of 100ft (30m).
Looking for a sensor to go in a pex pipe that goes under the floor. Looking for a thermostat for the sensor. Also looking for remote for thermostat to override the shed thermostat. We have standard 6 wire thermostat cable already installed in underground conduit from house to shed.
Advice/suggestions welcomed.
Do not want an air based thermostat - has to monitor floor temperature.
Thanks.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Honeywell Prestige with RedLink WiFi.
  • tparry_venture
    tparry_venture Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks HVACNUT.
    I should have mentioned that any wifi should be able to be non internet connected - i.e. -only within the LAN of the house router. That is I do not want to have to be dependent on any web server over the internet - rather use my own server within the house. So maybe that is not possible. I checked the Honeywell integrations and most if not all appear to be based on external internal web servers for the wifi capability.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    Options
    Most floor sensors I'm familiar with are thermistors that need to be connected to a control that can convert the resistance to a temperature. There is one that I am familiar with that is a simple on off switch at a set temperature. It is used in construction sites and has a value of 65°F The manufacturer part number is TS-65. Since it is designed as a temporary thermostat I can’t tell you that it will last forever. But it might be an option and The price is right

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Check out Techmar, I don't remember off hand which one, they have quite a few.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    Options
    follow up: the ts-65 can be wired directly to the SR501-4 thermostat T T terminals also labeled R W

Also the TS 60 and TS 70 are also available for different temperature values

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?