Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Panasonic bath fans

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the differences are between the Panasonic bathroom fans? For example, Whisper Green, Ceiling , Whisper Value?

I looked as close as I could and came up empty.

For example the Whisper Ceiling vs Whisper Value specification wise seem virtually identical but there's a $100 difference.

What gives?
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    The night lite?
    steve
    Intplm.
  • ChrisJ
    > @STEVEusaPA said:
    > The night lite?

I think they both have that too.

The night light, one of the best things I ever put in the bathroom
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ChrisJ
    The best I can tell, the more expensive one is more aimed at energy efficiency between tightening the envelope and using less power. It also makes very slightly less noise. Also the Value series is more of a pre-set speed and you get what you get for each setting where the better ones apparently regulate them selves to achieve the actual requested flow.

The overall real world performance differences aren't much though from what I can tell.

The Whisper Green appears to have options for constant circulation and then has a second high speed for when you go in and destroy the bathroom. Both can be set to whatever flow you want.

Cody350
  • DJDrew
    DJDrew Member Posts: 89
    ChrisJ said:

The night light, one of the best things I ever put in the bathroom

Indeed. Hooked our nightlight up to a motion detector in ceiling. Fades on for 5 minutes when you walk in at night and then fades off when you leave the room.

ChrisJ
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Do either have humidity sensors?

Has anyone developed a nasty smell indicator with auto on? :#
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • ChrisJ
    JUGHNE said:

Do either have humidity sensors?

Has anyone developed a nasty smell indicator with auto on? :#

Out of the 3 I looked at, no, nothing that fancy.

Nasty smell auto on would be a nice feature, but no I don't think so.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    JUGHNE said:

...Has anyone developed a nasty smell indicator with auto on? :#

Free one with every marriage...
    steve
    Solid_Fuel_ManIntplm.
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    I actually use an aquastat on the hot water pipe to the shower to automatically run yhe fan. You can regulate how long after the shower it stays on with how much insulation you put on yhe pipe.

I also have a mechanical clock spring timer right beside the toilet for nasty smell removal.

This way the bathroom fan never gets left on, and cannot be forgotten to be turned on. My wife just puts up with my obsessions.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    ChrisJ
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    The “green” ones have a high efficiency ECM motor. One of them may offer a low constant speed to meet min. Ventilation requirement. Options include a motion sensor and humidity sensor.

The ECM is constant torque and compensates somewhat for ductwork resistance to achieve nominal CFM. A normal cheap fan uses a relatively inefficient shaded pole AC motor that’s constant RPM.