Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Alpine Furnace

Kevindow
Kevindow Member Posts: 1
An Alpine ALP080 furnace keeps locking out with a fault 27 code. Hired a plumber to service (thankfully only charged for cleaning) didn't find anything wrong and they only thing he knew about the fault code was what it said in my manual. The fault says possible sage control. I noticed 2 part numbers one for the transformer and the other for the control itself (hard to find). Wondering if this is a DIY fix or if I should call back the plumber.

Comments

• jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Call tech support

Plumber sounds like a good guy.Why dont you bring him back and let him talk to tech support and I am sure they will walk him through it.I am not to familiar with the Alpine but good luck and I am sure you will get some great answers here.Good luck
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Sage?

No gas pressure.•Gas pressure under minimum value shown on rating plate.•Gas line not completely purged of air.•Defective Electrode.•Loose burner ground connection.•Defective Ignition Cable.•Defective gas valve (check for 24 Vac at harness during trial for ignition before replacing valve).•I am not seeing anything in the manual about the sage controller.

Code 27 is an ignition failure.

The most common cause is a bad ignitor. It is a wearable part that needs to be changed occasionally.

What did the plumber do in his "service"? Did he do a combustion analysis? If not He should have.

It is a little surprising that he did not address your problem. What you have is one of the most common issues with boilers in general and the boiler told him what the problem is.

Even though changing the ignitor is pretty easy, I would want to make sure a combustion analysis has been done before randomly changing parts.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • I had to get a new control board for my burnham Alpine. Now just wondering about where to find the cleaning schedule and what it entails. Anyone know where to find this information?
  • jonny88 said:

Call tech support

Plumber sounds like a good guy.Why dont you bring him back and let him talk to tech support and I am sure they will walk him through it.I am not to familiar with the Alpine but good luck and I am sure you will get some great answers here.Good luck

They all seem to call tech support. I got a list of names of plumbers to call the the burnham alpine website. I got that web address from a phone call to tech support. On their digital switchboard, I had to say I was an installer to get a real person. As a homeowner, the machine just hung up on me.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Anyone clean the flame sensor? Like the other guys said, it needs a combustion test regardless. Once its running of course.