Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus boiler Kettling

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,104
So the title says it all it’s a g124and she’s thumping ,I flushed the boiler out some maginite but was clear very quickly ,flushed out the zone s and all was clear ,chk aquastat and temps where right on no flame impingement on cast .it was installed about 12 to 13 years ago can’t quite remember . The water side was cleaned well before we left .this was the first service/ Maintaince call since installed which was no hot water which was a loose wire on a terminal of a taco circ relay . Home owner never noticed the kettling . I added a dose of senital 300 cleaner after a good flush on city water I plan on returning in a week or so and pull the mud plug on the boilerblock and wand it and cross my finger that the issue is gone and add some sentinel inhibitor ,the System holds pressure does not take on any make up ,prv and expansion tank chk out good .this is the second time ever and the other was a buderus g124 on city water also .any insight on remedies and a cure in case my flushing and treatment is unsuccessful . Peace and good luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Ant chance the system had a leak at some point and was subject to a steady dose if fresh water? Could you get a borescope in there to look around for mineral scaling?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,104
    I didn’t check the block yet will have to pull the mud leg plug on it and see what goes on in there,I’m gonna try giving buderus a call and see what they have to say . This would be the second time this has occurred in the last 20 years .they both are piped properly pumping away and the water side where flushed and cleaned upon commissioning . I m kinda crazy paranoid and pressure test all new pipe weather it’s pex ,copper or steel I hate leaks and perform w due diligence pressure testing on all zones and piping loops ,I dislike leaks and the damage and issues they cause but where all human and leaks happen I try my best to make sure I don’t have any lol don’t we all peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating