Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problems with zone unit

several years ago we installed a dual zone unit in our two story house. Recently we have had problems with the unit. We have had the control board replace numerous times (covered by warranty). this weekend, we had another issue where there was no air coming through any of the vents, both up and downstairs. The tech came out yesterday and stated that ONE of the damper motors was broken. He mentioned that they had replaced one of the motors (either lower or upper-I cannot remember which) in the past and now the other was broken. I don't ever remember anyone ever telling me there were two motors. I was always under the impression that there was only one. I am sceptical about this diagnosis. In the past, I have always been covered by a warranty, now they are telling me something else is wrong. I am getting the feeling that they have taken a hit on some of the "warranty" charges in the past and now are trying to make up for them.

Can someone tell me if there is actually an Upper damper and a Lower damper motor? when the zone apparatus was installed, I only remember the techs working downstairs, refitting sheet metal.

by the way, I must mention that my hvac is one unit. nothing inside, all outside in one unit.

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,776
    Each damper will have a motor to drive the veins open and or closed. Both can be in the basement.

I prefer Power closed Spring open, when something goes wrong they fail open!