Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lennox Model Numbers...............................(Starch)

John Starcher_4
John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
....quite a long time ago with a "decoding" chart for lennox model numbers, and how they relate to equipment size. Specifically, I'm looking at a HS29-261-3P condensing unit.

What is the BTU rating of this unit???

Thanks,

Starch

Comments

• Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    hope this what you're looking for

Lennox equipment:

211= 1.5 ton, single phase
    261= 2 ton, single phase
    311= 2.5 ton, single phase
    411= 3 ton single phase
    413= 3 ton, 3 phase
    461= 3.5 ton single phase
    463= 3.5 ton, 3 phase
    511= 4 ton single phase
    513= 4 ton 3 phase
    653= 5 ton 3 phase

The Wall strikes again!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jared M
    Jared M Member Posts: 31
    Lennox model numbers

14= 1 ton
    21= 1-1/2 ton
    26= 2 ton
    31= 2-1/2 ton
    41= 3 ton
    46= 3-1/2 ton
    51= 4 ton
    65= 5 ton

So, your unit is a two ton model.

The HS stands for high side, HP for heat pump. The next two numbers are the series of unit, they generally work up as they introduce new models. Then a dash and the next two digits which are the capacity, see above. The third number between the dashes indicates single phase or 3 phase, a single phase unit in your case. And the last numbers after the next dash will be the series number and sometimes a letter which indicates the voltage

So an HS29-261-1P is an air conditioner, 29 series, 2 ton, single phase, first revision (we call that the dash number, important when ordering parts) and the P stands for 208-230 volts.

-Jared
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    That's why......

....I love this site!

Thanks, guys. I knew I'd find an answer here.

Starch
  • gmr1234
    gmr1234 Member Posts: 1
    Lennox heat pump

Hi. Anyone know if you can buy a new one of this model (HP19-261-3P) or at least a replacement?

Thanks. Garry
    norafow
  • norafow
    norafow Member Posts: 1
    I know someone that has a used one and is selling it!
  • cgdelzell
    cgdelzell Member Posts: 22
    the hp19-261 is a r-22 hp 12 to 13.5 seer depending on indoor coil. replace with any 13 seer r-22 unit dry charge. If you can still find one.
  • pnrnolan
    pnrnolan Member Posts: 1
    I have a lennox hs8-511-3ffp that the tech who came out to look at it said was failure to energize. what can i replace this with? or what do i need
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Need new system, outdoor unit, refrigerant lines & coil. This sucker dates to the early 70s. The refrigerant lines were a part of the system and can't be reused by a different A/C. Don't know what he means by failure to energize. Compressor won't start?
    Ironman
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    It's been 35 years since I worked on one of them.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Used to be all over the place here but now HS-8 units are pretty scarce. Most commonly left in apartments on there 25th compressor!

Sis had one, leaked like a sieve. 25 years ago she called and said fan motor was out, bring her another motor. No, I'm bring you a new A/C system. 25 years later she's on borrowed time but the current unit isn't leaking, just has a 1' square hole in the coil from dog piss. And it wasn't even her dog!