Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Lochinvar install with 0-10 VDC circulator

I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same issue. This pump comes with the new KHB boilers and I was eager to try it out. We wired it to the correct terminals, correct polarity, but the circulator does nothing. Reading voltage at the terminals and the boiler pump icon comes on, but the pump does not spin.

I've never had a new pump not work. It makes me think I'm doing something wrong.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Try giving it a spin manually, I know the up 15's we had to free some of those up from being stuck
    D
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 851
    Alan we have not installed a Lochinvar with the 0-10 volt control yet. However, we did install a Lochinvar hot water maker about a year ago with a bad Grundfos pump from the factory (came with the Armor boiler). We've purchased a few hundred Grundfos pumps so far and this was the only one that did not work perfectly out of the box.
  • Thanks, guys!

I first took the nut off the back of the pump to see if the impeller was spinning and then took the motor off the volute and spun the impeller. Just dead.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Probably a stupid question but you said checked voltage at the terminals. Did you check at the motor?

........don't throw anything heavy, could be a wiring issue from the factory
  • Probably a stupid question but you said checked voltage at the terminals. Did you check at the motor?

........don't throw anything heavy, could be a wiring issue from the factory

It was hard to find exposed leads inside the motor, but we did and there was voltage.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    I had one die within a week @Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Steve Minnich