Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gil Carlson, hydronics pioneer

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited April 2018 in THE MAIN WALL
Gil Carlson, hydronics pioneer

Read the full story here

TinmanSuperTechRoohollah

Comments

• Paul1981
    Paul1981 Member Posts: 4
    I have just ordered this book. I’m fascinated by these stories and glad there is a platform in which people can hear them, I think in order to adapt new procedures you need to know how they originated or maybe we don’t need to change them !!!!!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Thanks, Paul.
    Retired and loving it.
  • pitman44
    pitman44 Member Posts: 18
    I think you are one fortunate man, Dan, to have met Gil Carlson. I love your stories about him. Thank you.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • DanHolohan
    Thanks, @pitman44. He was pretty unusual.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Lee_H
    Lee_H Member Posts: 4
    I attended the B&G Little Red Schoolhouse in 1992. I just looked back at the pages of notes in my training seminar handbook hoping to find the name Gil Carlson, but the only instructor name I have recording is Bob DeWyze. There were several instructors that week and I do remember an older gentleman at the overhead projector one morning with a constant trail of smoke swirling through the light beam. I'm not sure if Mr. Carlson kept doing the seminars after retirement but I can see his strong presence in all of the training materials. I still refer to these notes sometimes to figure out a pumping configuration as I contemplate my own nearing retirement.
  • Roohollah
    Roohollah Member Posts: 135
    Indeed, he is one of those legends whose name engraved in the heart of the industry forever. I have heard about him via Mr. Holohan articles in the past . His amazing writings have kept me so keen to know about this man . I have been still searching about him where ever the internet leads me .

Here, when the crew and I have a break time in the projects for drinking tea or stuff like that , some eager clients ask us to talk about the industry revolution . As we have learnt from our overseas friends at Heating Help , we talk about the pioneer of P&S pumping and other breakthroughs in this industry .The issue that There is a point of no pressure change in closed circuit heating system is one of the reasons to remember Mr. Carlson honorably.

We do thank Mr. Holohan for years of teaching us how this industry is originated and those who have shaped the industry through the engineering path .

We wish all those departed old timers of this industry to Rest in eternal peace .

Sincerely,

Roohollah
    SeanBeansErin Holohan HaskellAlan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Here's my .02. I think Dan should write an entire book about Gil with lots of pictures, release as a hardcover, charge whatever you need to be profitable, and put it together in the same style as other books in Gil's prime. I'd bet it be a big hit.
    Steve Minnich
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    I'll buy the first two.
    Steve Minnich
    Zman
  • He donated a tremendous amount of knowledge to the industry. DH has redistributed so much of it to all of us which I am grateful for. Lucky to have this guy who is no longer with us. Wish I could have met him. Gil's contributions are paramount to things we do to this day. I buy that book too!!
    Roohollah
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Hi, It's sort of a greedy thing I do, is think about all the books @DanHolohan should write. Dan is such a good storyteller! Certainly a book about Gill Carlson would be very interesting, plumes of smoke and all, and I'd buy it. But I also would like to see "The Lime Day Book", which would have wonderful stories about Lime Day around the year. Maybe Jimmy Buffet could sing about it being Lime Day somewhere? B)

Yours, Larry
  • DanHolohan
    Hmm. ;-)
    Retired and loving it.