Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baxi Luna 310 FI - no power to pump

Hi - I have intermittent power going to the pump on my Baxi unit. I think it might be relays on the control board. Is it possible to replace these myself? (My local service guy thinks its not possible and needs the entire board replaced and he wants 800 bucks for parts and labor)

Comments

• I had heard that Baxi no longer supports their older models, i.e. no circuit boards available, but I may be wrong (see moniker below).

I suppose that if you're good with a soldering gun and can find and replace the bad relay, you can save a lot of money. I just replaced the capacitors on my TV and didn't have to buy a new one.

Call tech. support at (800)461-4657

Baxi's don't seem to be very popular amongst us here on The Wall. I've worked on a few of them and have been very frustrated. Other than replacing the DHW diaphragms, I stopped servicing them.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • trogdor2882
    trogdor2882 Member Posts: 3
    that is correct - I believe it was just this year they made the control board end of life. I'll give the relays a try first since when I tap them, I lose hot water.
  • Let us know how it goes.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • trogdor2882
    trogdor2882 Member Posts: 3
    Changed one of the relays and got hot water working again! $2.80 for the relay, $20 shipping.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    @trogdor2882

Thanks for the update