Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

high end electronic Air cleaner

have a good friend of mine who has a small personal training gym at his home. He has a hot water heating system with rads. I had a small rad that we added to the front door area last week and found the chimney had some blockage. Cleaned it out and everything ok now. But he is telling me that the air cleaner would ramp up in speed everytime the heat would start but now it is not doing it anymore since chimney was cleaned. He has detectors on both floors but they never sounded. I checked it at the draft divertor before cleaning and was getting 70ppm. Anybody ever here of these air cleaners doing this ???

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    Ah... any possibility that the cleaner is working correctly, and the air really is cleaner since the chimney was cleaned?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • keith_27
    keith_27 Member Posts: 64
    Its a very high end priced air cleaner and never thought a unit like that could pick up any form of backdraft co. Something new every day
  • captainco
    captainco Member Posts: 792
    Not sure what an air cleaner on a boiler would be???
  • keith_27
    keith_27 Member Posts: 64
    he has the air cleaner in the gym area on the first floor and the boiler is in the basement.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,882
    The air cleaner is, or was getting dirty. If the cleaner has fins it might start to make a small popping sound.
    Either or, the air cleaner will need a cleaning of its own soon if the problems persist.